Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sleep Consultant Consulted

Today JD and I got my mom to come to our house to babysit lil Tiffany while we Skype with our newly hired sleep consultant, whose name I shall not reveal until her action plan is carried out and proven to work.

After the one hour consultation, here are some problems with Tiffany's sleep schedule and patterns that were highlighted to us:

1. Sleep associations (Namely nursing and carrying. She needs be given an opportunity to learn how to self-soothe.)
2. Overestimation of her sleep needs (12.5h in total including naps. We doing 12h for night sleep and 1h each for the 2 naps.)
3. Bedtime too early (Currently at about 6-7pm. An age-appropriate bedtime is 9pm.)
4. Bedtime and naptime routine not soothing and obvious enough (Currently just a bath, cd and nursing for bedtime. No proper routine for naps.)

Our sleep trainer is going to give us an action plan on Monday, which we will implement on 19th March, the weekend after our trip to Phuket. I'll have to dedicate 2 weeks of consistent sleep training to solve Tiffy's sleep problems. Wish me luck.

Till then, it's still me using one of the only 2 tools in my box, nursing, to put baby Tiffany to sleep. I won't write much as I have too little sleep every day dealing with Tiffany's multiple waking and inability to soothe herself to sleep. Maybe when she can finally sleep on her own, I'll have time to work on my lappy and do more blog decor like putting up pictures and videos and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment