Monday, March 8, 2010

A Better Schedule

Today is a better day already.

I've decided to follow the sleep trainer's advice to stop following popular sleep guides on the Internet and follow her advice instead. I've been doing a popular 2-3-4 waketime schedule but obviously it ain't working for my baby. Instead, the waketimes are adjusted to 3-3-4 and bedtime can be pushed back till 8-9 o'clock.

I started this new schedule yesterday, a day after our Skype consultation with the sleep trainer. Tiffy slept better during her morning nap after we kept her awake for a longer time. We took a walk to the nearby coffeeshop to have breakfast and stimulate her senses a lot more. Afternoon's a no-go cos Tiffy slept during our grocery shopping in NTUC.

Last night's bedtime was pushed to 8.15pm (instead of the usual 6.30-7pm). She actually slept a lot better last night! She woke at 12 and 4.45. After quick feedings, she was back to sleep promptly. Yay! To me, not waking at 2-4am to play and not sleep IS a great achievement!

This morning I tried to drag her waketime to 3h but by 2 & 1/2 h, Tiffany couldn't hold out anymore. She was crying away and after quickly changing her diaper and clothes, she was alling asleep in my arms. After a quick feed and cuddle she was off to Lalaland! That was at 10am. Until now! It's 11.05am now. She's still sleeping. Yay! What an achievement!

Everything is still in the experimental phase. More updates and better news soon, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment