Friday, March 26, 2010

Food! Glorious Food!

Why doesn't little baby Tiffany have the same sentiment? Food is such a joy! It's so fun to buy, to prepare, to cook, and it's so nice to slurp and smack lips and feel it mashing up between your cheeks and gums! Oh, have we forgotten to mention the myriad of tastes and aromas that fill your nose as you taste something new each week?

The purée business is so far so good. The following is a list I keep on my phone:

 Rice cereal
 Potato purée 
 Avocado purée
 Pumpkin purée
 Banana purée
Banana mash
 Sweet potato purée
 Barley cereal
 Applesauce
 Pearsauce
 Rice porridge
 Oat/Mixed grain cereal
 Carrot purée
 Butternut squash purée
Peach purée
Spinach purée
 Yoghurt
Pork rib porridge
Chicken bone porridge
Sweetcorn porridge
Carrot porridge
Brocolli porridge
Spinach porridge
Ikan bilis porridge

For the foods that I've made and offered to Tiffany, I put a symbol to indicate her reaction to it. Those without iPhone will probably not be able to see those symbols. So far her favourite food requires no cooking or preparation. Sigh. It's yoghurt. I got her Petit Miam. Very ex. 6 tiny pots of yoghurt for $5.50.

Currently, Tiffany's 8 months old. I'm giving her a bit more texture in her food and introducing more solid stuff to her. She's not used to it and resultantly gags sometimes. But I've got to keep trying. She has so far choked on:

Baby rusk
Banana
Oat cereal (Stage 2 Cerelac)
Very mushy pork rib porridge

My friend Edelweiss suggested I put sweetcorn instead of potato into the porridge to make it taste much better. It's stewing in my slow cooker now. The entire house is filled with the fragrance of JAGUNG. Mmmmmm... Mouthwatering aroma! I hope Tiffy will like her porridge better. I've tried cooking it for 4 weeks now, almost every day. After this nap when she takes her lunch, Tiffy will give her verdict.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mdm Kek, long time no see. Leave me a tag, tyvm. Do link me. ^^

    ReplyDelete