Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rubber Heartie

My heart is made of rubber
Soft and malleable
It floats on a pool of sweet water
That flows with joy and laughter

It's easy to melt my heart
It is a simple art
All you need is teardrops
And a sprinkle of tiny sobs

Whom does my heart hold dear
My little baby Tiffany
A whimper, a sob, I freeze with fear
Instinctively I crave to hold her

So how am I to sleep train her?
To opt for the extreme extinction
How am I to let her cry?
All alone in the crib by herself
How can I preserve my sanity?
When seconds seem hours ticking by
How my heart aches to hear each sob!
I'll feel I have to stop

It's going to be so very hard
To sleep train my precious daughter
For I know she's bound to break my heart
With as little as a tiny whimper  

No comments:

Post a Comment