Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pot Pot in the Potty

Started potty training a couple of weeks ago thanks to good advice from Mother-in-Law. She said it was about time. Got kinda tired carrying my 8.4kg to the washbasin to do the Sssss-xercise. (Sssss-xercise = Holding Tiffany above the washbasin and whistling "sssss" in an attempt to make her pee.)

Last week, while JD was on a week long leave (yay!) we went to Kiddy Palace to buy a potty. Its brand is 'Goodbaby' (what kind of a brand is that?!) and it fits Tiffy's well-endowed bum to the T! (Fit = She doesn't fall in!) We saw exactly the same thing at Mothercare but the Kiddy Palace one was way cheaper. Pirated potty.

M-care potty: $30+
VS
Kiddy Palace potty: $15.90 w 10% member's discount.

Anyway, I have news. On 23rd February 2010, Tiffy did her first poop (aka POTPOT) into the potty. It was a fluke really, as I saw yellow goop spluttering out of her bum while I was just about to put on a fresh new diaper. I quickly sat her on the potty and encourage her by saying, "Nggggggggghhhhh, nggggggggghhhhh, pot pot into the potty Tiffany! Come on you can do it, just pot pot into the potty." And when the deed was done, I clapped my hands, showed Tiffany {^.^} face, pointed to the mound of mushy poop and said, "Yay! You pot pot into the potty! Good job! Well done!"

Now I have better news. This morning at 7.55am while I was getting my teeth brushed, I told JD, "Why don't you try sitting Tiffy on the potty while you're waiting for me?" He did and voilĂ ! She peed into the potty! And yes JD gave the whistle cue.

Now things get even better. At 12pm or so, Tiffy had an NTP 'Need To Poop' face so my MIL (she has a wealth of experience reading NTP faces) immediately recognized the face, stripped Tiffy of the diaper and place her little bum neatly on the Goodbaby potty. Lil Tiffany was as good as the Goodbaby potty. She happily pot pot into it for the second time. Double yay!

I scurried into the room to celebrate the moment with MIL and my little pot pot heroine!

Happy sigh. Little successes always make motherhood very satisfying (and keeps one sane).

Happy sigh again.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha!!!

    so cute!!! so does that mean her diapers last for really long now? no more 5 cent poop on a 20cent diaper?

    congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaa! Yup! The days of 5 cent poop are long gone. Yipeeeee! Nowadays her one and only poop of the day is either in a 30ct diaper (L sized) or in the plastic liner on the potty. Yay!

    ReplyDelete