Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Elusive Sleep

Sleep, oh sleep!
How elusive can you be!
No matter how I shut my eyes
You escape my grasp and slip me by
No matter how I'm rocked and danced
You briefly come by for just that once
Like the shadow that appears when the sun is in the sky
You disappear quickly when the clouds come by

Sleep, oh sleep!
How I need you so much!
I work so hard to shut my eyes
But nothing happens, why oh why?
My schedule apparently is theoretically perfect
But sleep, dear sleep, you are a defect
I'm just so cranky when I don't have you
My ears start to bleed and my mom's heart too

Sleep, sleep, I just don't get you.

2 comments:

  1. i love your poem!! write more write more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Edel. You're the most encouraging friend. =D

    ReplyDelete